Hi, we are Grape, the next big thing in messaging. With us, you won't be joining a company, you will embark on a journey – from startup to market leader. This means that we look for people with a particular set of skills.
Who are we looking for?
- People who get excited to overcome challenges.
- Resilient go-getters that stay positive, even when things don't go as planned.
- Open-minded individuals who can also collaborate with others in a team.
- Self starters who sink their teeth in to find solutions no one thought of.
- Experts who value ownership and are proud of their achievements.
If this speaks to you and you're ready to be part of a rocket taking-off, join us.
We are human beings, which means two things: It's important to balance work and life and avoid redundant tasks. We automate and simplify to improve every aspect of our business. Our goal is, to reach a 4-day work week across the company in 2021.
We trust in our team and its abilities, keeping both the small and big picture in mind. Zoomed in , you focus on and take pride in your tasks, no matter if you're setting up a new process or getting ice cream for the team. Zoomed out, you see your role in the company's success and find where you can improve your output.
At Grape, we believe in seeking to understand and then to be understood. Listening and to giving feedback constructively saves time and grief. Each team as a whole and the relationships within it matter. Constantly improving on those is a key to success and creating a workplace we all want to come to every day.
How we work
Help triage bugs / estimate feature requests and refine requirements.
Implementing the features with our design guidelines in accordance with our UX design
Thrive for the best solution - The team discusses and tries to find the best possible way when we build software. Your opinion is valued.
Support others by pair programming or code reviewing
- 4+ years experience in software development, including at least 2 years of Android app development
- Experience with common software design patterns (MVC, MVVM, standard Java design patterns)
- Know how to write clean and maintainable code
- Know how to manage dependencies (Gradle)
- Experience with both Java and Kotlin on Android
- Mobile UI / UX knowledge
- Experience with Websockets and WebRTC in apps
- RXJava experience
- Own apps published on Google Play
- Native Android App
A few libraries we use
Other tools we use
- Gitlab / GitHub
Lukas has been with us since day one. He loves Italian food, movies, product management and iOS development. A few years ago he took an educational leave and went to Naples/Italy to study at the Apple Developer Academy, where he strengthened his UX and product building skills. He is now leading the core product team of Grape, and is in charge of making our base product as flawless as possible.
His team describes him as cooperative, intelligent, reflected and calm. With him you'll improve your UX and product knowledge, while also improving your cooperative and people skills.