As of today, ChatGrape V.1.0 Open Beta has gone live.
After a couple of months gathering your feedback, we have developed a set of new features tailored specifically for you. This is a hugely important milestone for us; for once, because we roll out our first paid plans and – even more importantly – open ChatGrape for everyone. We are also taking the opportunity to improving the ChatGrape experience with the biggest update yet.
This is what we have in store for you today:
A brand new Grape Browser
The Grape Browser got a major overhaul. We’ve rebuilt it from the ground up so you can find your company data, files and documents even faster:
– A new Meta-View right panel showcases important information about the currently selected result.
– Enhanced overall design for more clarity.
– External Search Queries allowing you to browse Giphy.com (#gif:) and Youtube (#youtube:).
– Under the hood: better algorithm for sorting results, a new indexation that allows you to write object names in any order, with a fuzzy search that finds results even when you misspelled.
The web search capabilities we are introducing in the Grape Browser allow us to integrate with external websites. The first on our list is giphy.com: you can now send GIFs in the chat.
Other websites will be added in the future depending on your feedback.
To give you more control over the message alerts you get from our service, we have implemented a new Notifications Panel in your Profile that allows you to toggle any event for the three platforms (Email, Desktop, Mobile) we support.
The Android app is here
Our new Android team, Karim and Orhan, has completed the transition of ChatGrape into a multi-platform product. The Android app is now available in the Google Play Store with the following features:
– Check, send and receive messages in either Rooms or as Private Messages;
– You can see and open images, files and GIFs right inside the chat;
– Mention users and rooms: Just like the web client, you can mention people and rooms with the @ symbol;
– Grape Browser: also available and allows you to mention your external data by hitting the # Icon. This allows you to manage your team on Android without switching between your Apps.
Follow this link to download our Android app:
An updated iOS app
An update of our iOS application is available on the App Store and brings the following enhancements:
– Bug fixes;
– Stability improvements;
– You can now see the unread messages count for each room in the sidemenu.
The new ChatGrape is one click away
Like what you see? You can check out ChatGrape and register on our new homepage!
Enjoy the Grape,
The ChatGrape Team